Now that school has ended (prematurely because of the horrific tornadoes that swept through my community) and I don't have to work again until next semester, I will have insane amounts of free time. And for me, it would probably be easier if I just poured salt in my eyes or shoveled a spoonfull of cinnamon in my mouth than have to deal with all of that down time. But I'm determined to do several things within the next few weeks that will, hopefully, reduce the amount of stress I create for myself and let me enjoy the simple things in life once again. The list:
1. Read a book, and don't just skim through it. Really absorb it.
2. Wait until everyone is out of the house, then turn my music up loud and belt out my favorite songs. I LOVE singing (just not so much when other people are around).
3. Practice doing nothing. Yes, I have to practice this. It's insanely difficult for me to "waste time"
4. Declutter my room. Out with old, ill-fitting clothes. Rearrange/get rid of the furniture so that it's simplistic and functional. Etc.
5. Declutter my Facebook. This one is big. I can't muster up the courage to delete it altogether because it does come in handy sometimes, but I shouldn't have to look at my friend's list and ask, "How the heck do I know this punk?" Also, those kids from my old schools that didn't even talk to me when we had classes together? De-friended. Shwang.
That's a good starter list, I think. What would you put on your list? Or are you already laid-back and need to make a to-do list to get things done?