Thursday, August 19, 2010

Freshman Year Commences

Wednesday was my first day in the Super League of Cool College Kids, and I'm feeling pretty mixed about it. Wait, let me back-track real quick..

Follow-up on my last post 'Maybe I Should Have Adventures':
Mission Conquering Campus was a success, for the most part. I proved to myself that I could get over my fear of the unknown. I also proved that I need to get into shape if I'm going to survive these next couple of years. With 90+ degree weather before 11:00am, I was pretty sure I was going to pass out. Plus I was excessively glistening (because girls don't sweat) and had a piercing side stitch. Anyway, I found my classes (and a good place to park) even though the map from the university's site was obviously the result of one too many games of beer pong.

Moving on..
The actual first day of classes was pretty nerve-wracking at first because the campus is so much more chaotic when you throw a plethora of wandering freshmen like myself into a rush of upperclassmen that could care less who you are or what you are doing and would prefer you stay out of their way. I don't feel like going back and editing that incredibly long and whiny sentence.
I do sort of enjoy the thought of being in college now, but I guess I'm waiting for those awesome college experiences I hear so much about (that don't involve jello shots or breaking the law).

My Facebook status from that day pretty much sums it up:

"Today was a lot like those dreams I have when I'm stressed out where I can't find my classes, I forget where I am, the teacher is speaking only in Spanish the entire class, etc. Only today wasn't a dream and all of those things really happened. I'm only half positive I didn't go to school naked and/or eat lunch with Mario Lopez."

Well, that's all I got for now. I'm beat. Peace out, homes.


DB

5 comments:

theVEROblog said...

Congrats on making it through your first day =] You will get used to the campus quick. I hope you have a great school year!

Lauren said...

Lol, I know when I go to UA next fall I'll feel that same way after being at Shelton for a year. BLAH. But I meant to message you and see how your first day went. I'm glad to hear that it was a success :)

Moon said...

The classes here in Belgium only start in September. How long does your summer break last?

Madison said...

My classes started Wednesday as well. And Fall semesters in Alabama, are not fun. Sounds about like the first day of my freshman year. Though I'm now a junior and sadly am one of those upperclassmen that could care less about the freshman. Sorry. :/

Anonymous said...

that is EXACTLY how I felt! LOL!