Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's been far too long since I've posted anything on here. I've just been letting life in 2010 slip by without commentary, which is not to say that 2010 would be lacking any substance without my two cents. I'm just disappointed that I've approached writing as a chore lately and not as an opportunity to share myself with others. If there's one thing that my newest favorite TV series, Bones, has taught me, it's that you (usually) have to open up to others and show your humility and vulnerability before you will be confided in. Bones has also taught me that there is a certain ilk of bugs that eats away the flesh of burn victims so that forensic pathologists can identify the victim's bones. I'll be sure to share stories in which the latter information is relevant and useful.

Back to purpose for writing: By nature, I tend to take a stance of complacency on the issue of making my voice heard. I think, "With the insanely large number of blogs, opinion/advice columns..etc, why would I put my thoughts out there when the fact that at least one other individual has the same opinion as me is nearly guaranteed?" But I'm revolutionizing my thinking. My goal is not to change the world or to have people pining for my every opinion; by putting my thoughts out there I hope to a) find my voice, b) learn to live and commentate life on the rogue side, and c) to induce an "Ah-ha!" moment for at least one reader.

And now for something...completely different.

Tell me, how much do you love Justin Bieber? Do you love him
this much? (It's okay, sweetie, listening to Justin's music makes me cry, too...for different reasons.)

For the past two months I have been searching for the perfect pair of shoes for work. While on the job, I am on my feet for all but twenty minutes, if that, so the perfect shoes have to be comfortable (arch support, no chaffing) and stylish (just because I'm in a hardware store doesn't mean I can't look cute). Tired of tennis shoes, which are miserable to wear on a hot summer's day, I searched for something less bulky for the coming Alabama heat. I drank the Koolaid
(oh yeahhh) and bought a pair of Tom's shoes; they are so much fun to walk in! We'll see if they hold up. And in case you don't know about Tom's shoes, I implore you to check out these eco-friendly shoes that correlate to a great cause that donates shoes to children in need. One for one, baby :]

Yes, I just rambled about shoes.

And that is all for now.

DB

1 comment:

Lauren said...

DANI! I'll comment! Lol I loved reading this. It made me smile. Let's help eachother with this whole blog thing lol